Transfer expert reveals what Chelsea owners plan to do to Pochettino
Fabrizio Romano has given an update on the situation of things as they concern the future of Mauricio Pochettino as Chelsea boss, after what has so far been a disappointing season with the Argentine at the helm.
Chelsea conceded eight goals as they lost to Liverpool and Wolverhampton in the last week, and are now down two places to 11th on the Premier League table.
The defeat to Wolves is perhaps the most alarming yet, which has led to fans calling for Pochettino to be sacked immediately.
It however doesn’t look like Todd Boehly and Clearlake Capital have decided to heed the demands of the fans yet, as Romano now says that Pochettino could still be in charge until the end of the season, despite mounting pressure on the 51-year-old.
He said via X: “The pressure around Mauricio Pochettino is growing but the preference at the club remains the same – to complete the season with Pochettino and then to assess the situation at the end of the current season. The intention has not changed.”
After Chelsea’s 4-2 loss to Wolves on Sunday, Pochettino admitted that both he and his players were not doing enough, and that there was a need for things to improve.
Chelsea’s next game is against Aston Villa at Villa Park, as they lock horns for their FA Cup fourth-round replay.